Many people who have trees around them let nature take its course‚ they are not proactive in managing them. Many tree services in Melbourne take the opposite approach; they make sure that trees are growing in a safe and aesthetic way.
What do tree services offer?
The services offered by each tree service company will vary depending on their experience and equipment, but there are a few basic services that will most likely be offered by pretty much all of them. Still, it is a good idea to call each company to find out if they can perform the exact tree service that you need.
Tree Pruning in Melbourne
Pruning is basically the act of removing dead and overgrown branches from trees and shrubs. Pruning trees encourages growth, and there are other reasons for doing it as well, such as to remove dangerous branches, branches that are rubbing against each other, branches that are too close to the roof or to power lines, and to get rid of weak or infected branches. Pruning is one of the most common tree services and a yearly pruning is recommended for almost all types of trees.
Tree Removal in Melbourne
Tree services don’t usually remove trees unless they absolutely have to, but there are instances when they will recommend a tree to be taken down: when it is dead, when it poses a hazard, when trees are too crowded (it affects growth), to make way for construction as well as when a tree needs to be replaced with a different kind. In most cases, this involves cutting the tree down in multiple pieces, and it could be a long and possibly dangerous job depending on the size of the tree.
Tree Shaping in Melbourne
There are many species of trees that need shaping for them to be aesthetically appealing. Many people have their shrubs shaped as part of their landscaping. If a person chooses shaped shrubs, it will be necessary for them to be shaped several times a year to keep them looking their best.
Tree Conservation in Melbourne
There are some rare tree species that are very old and that need caring for so as to preserve their cultural and historical value.
Emergency Tree Removal or Tree Trimming in Melbourne
This is usually done before or after a storm. In cases where it is done before, the tree service will remove branches that are weak and that could be ripped off in a storm. When it is done after, it is usually to remove any branches that may have been ripped off during a storm and which pose a hazard. Tree arborist in Melbourne recommend trimming before a storm so as to reduce the risk posed by flying branches during a storm.
Tree Planting in Melbourne
There are some tree services that plant trees in the Melbourne area. Many people buy trees themselves and then have a tree service plant them to ensure it is done correctly. Some tree services will also analyze the soil in an area and give advice as to the best type of tree to plant.
Tree Stump Removal in Melbourne
When a tree is cut down, the stump is impossible to remove without special digging and hauling equipment which can be found with tree removal services. Many people simply cut trees down and leave the stump, but eventually have to have it removed due to it constantly sprouting new offshoots and taking up valuable space in the yard.
There are some infestations that cause trees to die, but if they are detected and treated early enough, the tree can be saved. In some cases, only certain limbs are infected; they can be cut off so as to save the rest of the tree. There are many different diseases, fungi, and insects that can damage trees, and most any professional arborist in Melbourne will be able to spray the tree to help protect it from these dangers.
How to find the best tree service
Finding the right tree service is important, but many people are not sure of exactly how they should go about it. Here is a list of what to look for:
1. The first thing is to find out whether the tree service has insurance. The last thing that anyone wants is for someone to get hurt on your property and demand compensation. Tree services should be able to show proof of their current insurance.
2. Any good tree service needs to be reputable and experienced. They should have the necessary experience for the kind of work that is to be done, as well as safe practices. They should also have all the necessary equipment for the kind of tree work that you want done. You may also want to ask for references from previous customers just to make sure that the tree service does a good job, safely, and for the quoted price.
3. They should be members of a certifying body, which ensures that they meet certain standards so that they are qualified to give tree care.
4. Tree services should give an estimate of how much a job will cost before they get started by inspecting and making an assessment. Most of them do not ask for an initial deposit. They complete the work and then get paid.
5. They should be competitively priced compared to other tree services in the area. Tree services in Melbourne are quite competitive which means that they offer very fair rates.
6. A good tree removal service will clean up before they leave the site. During tree removal, there are lots of little pieces of wood and leaves that litter the ground and any good tree arborist will make sure to completely clean the area when finished.
7. Lastly, it is important for the homeowner to make sure that everyone is safe when there are tree services being done. No one should wander in the area and any property that can be damaged should be removed. If limbs that are cut off affect a neighbor’s property they should know about it so that they can take the necessary precautions.